Friday, January 20, 2012

Just when you think things are getting good...

So I recently bragged that my kids' nap schedules were aligning and I got 2 breaks during the day because of it. (Read - opportunity to finally take a shower!)  This hasn't been the case since Camille was born (not the lack of showering - the break time, I mean).  Now that she's getting in to a more predictable eating and sleeping schedule, she is syncing up with Paul's nap schedule, too.  It was going great the past few days.  But, then today happened.  Actually it started last night.  For some reason, both of the kids woke up twice during the night at different times.  So, that meant no sleep for anyone!  Paul (husband) was already having problems sleeping because he can't shake this cough he has and I am having my turn with it now.  So, we got two hours here and there of sleep which threw off today's schedule completely.  Camille is currently on her third nap, she had two short ones earlier for less than an hour each.  Paul only had one nap that he fought for over an hour to take, but finally gave in.  So as you can imagine, it's been a pretty rough day.  It's days like these that I appreciate when I do get my two "nap breaks" and remember not to take them for granted! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment