My little second-born sweetheart rarely gets a moment in the spotlight all to herself, so this blog is just for her. She's been changing and maturing so much lately, within the last month or so, that I wanted to write it all down before I forget.
1. Started "crawling" - it's more like a trench crawl - she still doesn't pick her belly up off the floor, but boy can she move fast these days.
2. Babbles a lot - she says things resembling "bubba" (for brother) and dada among other random and super-cute baby noises.
3. Eats 4 food groups now - she eats rice & oatmeal, a growing selection of fruits & veggies, and as of last week, meat! She's tried turkey & chicken so far. And, today for the first time, she got to try plain whole milk yogurt - her first dairy food! Also, of all these foods, the only "baby" food is the rice & oatmeal - I make everything else for her. Sometimes we just hold out some of our meal and make it separate for her without seasonings. She has also never had to have formula as I have been very fortunate to be able to continue nursing her.
4. Feeds herself snacks - we introduced her to "puffs", "mum mums" and "yogurt melts", which all pretty much just melt in her mouth. We can now put some on her walker tray and let her cruise around feeding herself. She is also beginning to use a sippy cup. We give her water in it and she is getting pretty good at using it all by herself.
5. Physically stronger - she sits up on her own for long periods of time and she can go from sitting to laying down, and then can roll & trench crawl all around. She can also pull up to standing if she is holding on to something really sturdy. She will also reach out for our hands so she can pull herself up and then walk, or almost run, us all over the house. Now it's only a matter of time before she lets go!
Can't you tell I'm so proud of her? :-)