Monday, May 14, 2012

The best day

Today was one of the best days that I can remember with just me and the kids probably since Camille has been born. Paul woke up at around 7:30ish, played a few minutes on the ipad in my room, them I got up and made us breakfast and Camille woke up and I fed her. Paul had a couple bites of an egg and a whole wheat waffle. I had an egg and a bowl of oatmeal squares and Camille had oatmeal mixed with unsweetened applesauce and a little cinnamon. After breakfast, we got dressed and went to the library with Tia. Then, we came home and both kids had a two hour nap! I got to do some crafting and eat my own lunch in peace. Then the kids woke up and I made them a cheese quesadilla and some sweet peas which they both gobbled up. After lunch, they pretty much entertained themselves all afternoon and I played with them, too. We played with their little wooden blocks and I would make a stack as quick as I could, then "Cam-zilla" would knock it down, sometimes with help from her big brother. Thy thought it was pretty entertaining. Paul came home from work at around 5pm and went to mow the lawn and I took the kids out to play in the backyard. Ey love to play with water so I filled a bucket and they had fun dumping or scooping out the water. While we were in the back, I watered our plants - we have 2 tomatoes growing on the tomato plant, quite a few apples growing in both apple trees, and even a satsuma starting to grow, not to mention all the rose buds on both rose bushes. We have been fixing up our garden this year and are having fun with our new (or newly healthy - apple trees got sick last year so no apples) plants. Then, I brought the kids in, dried them off, made a quick dinner of baked tilapia with taco seasoning and spinach with cheese. All of us were able to eat the same exact meal! Woo hoo! Oh and this was Camille's first fish! After dinner, we gave the kids a bath and I took Camille in Paul's room with me to read to him and put him to bed. She fell asleep after I nursed her, while reading, and they were both out by 8:15! This is extremely rare. Camille usually goes to bed around 9-9:30, sometimes a little later. So, for the next couple of hours, Paul and I enjoyed some time doing our own things, just "fartin' around" as we say. I worked on crafts - I made 2 cardboard boxes covered with fabric today. Paul played on his computer, surfed the web, and did some photography stuff - developing pictures and stuff. And now we are off to bed after a womderful day filled with happiness all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment