Thursday, November 3, 2011

some days are just like that...(my children and their sudden mood swings)

Well, half of today was good, the other half, not so much.  Let's start with the good.  For lunch today, I took the kids with my mother-in-law to Chick-Fil-A, because we got word they had a really cool play area for young kids.  Sure enough, there was a play area in a separate room for only kids 3 and under and it was very clean - one of the rules said you couldn't even eat in the area.  They also had a case of antibacterial hand wipes right outside of it.  Paul had a blast once he figured out how to climb on everything.  Of course, he threw a fit when it was time to leave, but he had so much fun just being a monkey and Camille had fun watching him and the other kids from her car seat.  Not too much longer and she'll be in there with him!

Then, we came home in time for naps.  I got Camille down and then went to put Paul down and he threw a fit!  He screamed and cried for 45 minutes (totally out of character for him - he's usually an easy napper), and in that time Camille woke back up crying.  I fed her and then she continued to cry for probably 30-45 minutes until I put her in the "magic" swing and she fell back asleep again within 5 minutes of being in it.  I don't know what was wrong with the kids, but good grief, the screaming about drove me batty.  They finally just had to cry in separate rooms while I hid in the office for 5 minutes to escape.  I did everything I could to quiet them, but sometimes, you just have to let them cry it out - if you have kids, you know this to be true.  Eventually they did both sleep for about 45 minutes to an hour.  That was when I sent Paul a text asking him to bring home a bottle of wine...lol

Then, this evening, all of us had fun playing and dancing around.  I'm glad today ended on a high note, because it got rough there for a while.  But, such is the life with 2 under 2.  I love my kids, even in moments of insanity, and I still wouldn't trade my job. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment